reporting mark: PBR
railroad class: Class III Switching and Terminal Railroad
There are currently 5 Patapsco and Back Rivers Railroad radio scanner frequencies from Maryland in our database.
The Patapsco and Back Rivers Railroad (reporting mark PBR) was a Class III switching and terminal railroad, operating in Baltimore County. Owned for the majority of Patapsco and Back Rivers Railroad's existence by the Bethlehem Steel Corporation, the railroad primarily served Bethlehem Steel's Sparrows Point terminal area. MCM Management Corporation purchased the PBR, through their purchase of RG Steel corporation, and renamed the railroad the Baltimore Industrial Railroad (reporting mark BDR) in 2012. Built as the standard gauge Baltimore & Sparrows Point Railroad Co., the first track was constructed from Colgate Creek to Penwood Park in Sparrows Point, a distance of 5.46 miles in 1889.The Patapsco & Back Rivers Railroad, was incorporated by the Bethlehem Steel Corporation in 1916 to perform switching operations around their expanding steel mill and shipbuilding operations at Sparrows Point.